Types of labor unions
- Last updated:2021-10-18
After the new Labor Union Act took effect on May 1st, 2011, labor unions in Taiwan can be classified into corporate unions, industrial unions, and professional unions:
- Corporate union: a labor union organized by employees of the same factory or workplace, of the same business entity, of enterprises with controlling and subordinate relationship between each other in accordance with the Company Act, or of a financial holding company and its subsidiaries in accordance with the Financial Holding Company Act.
- Industrial union: a labor union organized by workers in the industry.
- Professional union: a labor union organized by workers with the same professional skills.
- Confederated labor union: can be organized on a local or national basis. In case a confederated labor union is organized on a national basis, the number of labor unions proposing to organize it shall reach over one-third of the total amount of labor unions of the same type, and the labor unions proposing shall spread in no less than one half of municipal cities, counties (cities) of the whole nation. There are no constraints on the number of labor unions required for organizing a local confederated labor union.
- Source:Department of Employment Relations
- Publication Date:2015-04-20
- Count Views:166438