Labor Occupational Accident Insurance and Protection
Introduction to the Labor Occupational Accident Insurance and Protection Act
The “Labor Occupational Accident Insurance and Protection Act” (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”) came into effect on May 1, 2022. The Act is a special law enacted to integrate occupational accident insurance under the Labor Insurance Act with the requirements of the Act for Protecting Workers of Occupational Accidents. The Act expands the scope of enrollment by requiring all the workers employed by a registered company to be mandatorily enrolled, regardless of their number, and provides multiple channels for enrollment to ensure the protection of the safety of all workers. The Act also improves the rights to benefits by properly increasing the maximum and minimum amounts of salary insured and significantly raising the level of insurance benefits to enhance the protection of the lives of workers suffering from occupational accidents and their families and enable employers to effectively share the responsibilities of compensation for occupational accidents. Additionally, the Act provides stable funding to establish the Center for Occupational Accident Prevention and Rehabilitation to effectively combine the activities of occupational accident prevention and rehabilitation and enhance the capability for services of workers suffering from occupational accidents. The Act aims to build a comprehensive system of protection against occupational accidents including pre-accident prevention, accident compensation, and post-accident rehabilitation.
- For the requirements concerning the coverage, benefits, allowances, and subsidies of the labor occupational accident insurance, please link to the relevant section under the website of the Bureau of Labor Insurance, Ministry of Labor.
- For the requirements concerning the prevention of occupational accidents and the rehabilitation of workers suffering from occupational accidents, please link to the website of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Ministry of Labor.
- 1Scope of Enrollment in the Labor Occupational Accident Insurance
- 2Insurance Financing for the Labor Occupational Accident Insurance
- 3Insurance Benefits for the Labor Occupational Accident Insurance
- 4Prevention and Rehabilitation after Occupational Accidents
- 5Diagnosis, Treatment, and Reporting of Occupational Injuries or Illnesses and Identification of Occupational Illnesses
- 6Allowances and Subsidies for Workers Suffering from Occupational Accidents
- 7Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)